Digital Camera Sony Cyber-shot- DSC-WX220
Sony DSC-WX220 Overview
For notable low-light performance, the black Cyber-shot DSC-WX220 Digital Camera from Sony is a compact zoom point-and-shoot that features an 18.2MP Exmor R CMOS sensor with a BIONZ X image processor. For considerable wide-angle to telephoto image capturing capabilities, the 4.45-44.5mm f/3.3-5.9 lens has a 35mm equivalent of 25-250mm and features a powerful 10x optical zoom with a 20x Clear Image Zoom. To view your images and high-resolution full HD 1080/60p AVCHD videos, there is a 2.7″ Clear Photo LCD 460k-dot monitor on the back of the camera.
Optical SteadyShot Image Stabilization helps compensate for camera shake to provide clearer images, especially in low-light and when using a longer focal lengths. Useful for sports photography, the WX220 features 10 frames per second continuous shooting at the full 18.2MP resolution, ensuring sharp, clear images that are less likely to be missed.
To capture a wide area all in one photo, Intelligent Sweep Panorama utilizes motion compensation in order to reduce the blur created by moving figures in the foreground. Experience subject movement in one still image with the Motionshot Video feature or change settings, zoom in, and even take a photo with the Smartphone Remote App. For easy uploading after a long day of shooting, built-in Wi-Fi allows you to instantly share what you have created with your family and friends.
- 18.2MP Exmor R CMOS Sensor & BIONZ X Image Processor
- The 18.2MP Exmor R CMOS sensor captures high-definition images with sharp details and minimal noise, even in low light, while the BIONZ X image processor offers fast performance and buffering speeds.
- 10x Optical Zoom Lens & 20x Clear Image Zoom
- A Sony G lens with 10x optical zoom capability offers a considerable expanse of reach from wide-angle to super-telephoto. This zoom range can effectively be doubled, too, using the 20x Clear Image Zoom that employs an intelligent interpolation algorithm to increase zoom magnification with minimal image quality loss.
- 2.7″ LCD Display with 460k-Dot Resolution
- Still photos and videos can be clearly displayed on the 2.7″ ClearPhoto LCD, which features a 460k-dot resolution and has both histogram and grid viewing options. Additionally, five brightness levels allow you to compose and view your images in any lighting situation.
- Simple Connectivity to Smartphones via Wi-Fi with NFC3
- Connectivity with smartphones for One-touch sharing / One-touch remote has been simplified with Wi-Fi with NFC3 control. In addition to Wi-Fi support for connecting to smartphones, the camera also supports NFC (near field communication) providing “one touch connection” convenience when transferring images to Android smartphones and tablets. Users need only touch devices to connect; no complex set-up is required. Moreover, when using Smart Remote Control – a feature that allows shutter release to be controlled by a smartphone – connection to the smartphone can be established by simply touching compatible devices.
- Full HD 1080 Video Capture
- The DSC-WX220 can capture Full HD 1080 AVCHD videos at 60 and 30 frames per second, providing for fast motion video with less distortion when playing back on your HDTV.
- Optical SteadyShot Image Stabilization
- Optical SteadyShot Image Stabilization offers compensation to reduce the blurring effects of camera movement when shooting at slower shutter speeds. This is particularly effective when shooting in low light or at longer focal lengths. Sony’s Active Mode image stabilization combines electronic and optical stabilization for less blurring while shooting videos when moving.
- Fast 10fps Continuous Burst Shooting & Lock-On AF
- Ideal for sports photography, the fast Continuous Burst Shooting allows you to shoot up to 10 frames per second in full 18.2MP resolution. You can also use Lock-On AF, which provides the ability to focus on multiple points with subject recognition to keep your subject in sharp focus even when in motion.
- Intelligent Sweep Panorama 360˚
- Intelligent Sweep Panorama mode takes Sony’s Sweep Panorama function to the next level with the addition of motion compensation. Even when subjects are moving in the foreground of your landscape, these cameras can detect faces and moving subjects, intelligently stitching different widths together to minimize distortion. Simply press the shutter button and sweep the camera in the desired direction. The camera will continuously shoots at a high speed, then seamlessly stitches the images together with automatic position adjustment to create one stunning panoramic image. Available in wide format and up to 360° full circle.
- Face Detection, Tracking Focus & Smile Shutter
- Face Detection allows you to take better portraits and group shots. It recognizes up to 8 faces within your image and adjusts the camera for optimal exposure of faces. Tracking Focus makes it easier to capture clear shots of moving subjects by having the focus automatically adjust while you follow the action with the camera. Smile Shutter Technology and Blink Detection help you get the best shot by recognizing when is the best moment to release the shutter.
- Motionshot Video & Picture Effects
- To show off jumps and tracks, captured subject movement is displayed in a sequence of superimposed images on a single background. Additionally, Picture Effect adds creative expression to photos, making ordinary landscapes and portraits special by heightening the mood and emphasizing certain attributes.